Proton Power, Inc. is experiencing rapid growth and is looking for talented individuals who share its commitment to innovation in the clean energy sector. Our current offices are located in Lenoir City, Tennessee and Rockwood, Tennessee.
Proton Power, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from any agency that places candidates for a fee. Your agency must have an agreement in place with Proton Power, Inc. prior to submitting resumes for review.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
IT Systems Administrator Lenoir City
Systems Administrator: This position is responsible for administering and maintaining all IT hardware, software, and infrastructure systems with minimum downtime. This also includes supporting all end users, managing IT projects and rollouts, IT planning/budgeting/procurement, and working with 3rd party equipment and service vendors. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting all end users. Documenting and responding to problems, creating and updating incident tickets. Escalating issues to software/hardware vendor support when required.
- Developing, implementing, and executing standard best practices procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and daily operation of Windows servers including backup management, capacity planning, change management, and version/patch management.
- Troubleshooting, optimizing, and performance tuning servers and storage.
- Adding/editing/removing user privileges in Active Directory and Exchange.
- Monitoring and optimizing networks for security, connectivity, and performance.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Solid understanding of Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Active Directory expertise and understanding how to administer and configure ADSS
- Advanced level understanding of GPOs
- Management and administration of DHCP & DNS
- Managing HP Proliant servers using HP OneView and iLO
- Managing and configuring antivirus management software such as Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- Advanced level experience with wireless technologies, preferably Ubiquity and LAN infrastructure with Cisco managed switches
- Advanced level understanding of RAID configurations
- Managing backups using both local and cloud technologies
- Managing Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise 2016 or greater on a server in a networked environment
- UPS power management with automated shutdown and alerts
- Experience with a helpdesk ticketing system such as Spiceworks
- Experience in Local/Domain security settings
- Administration of site-to-site and mobile VPNs
- Hosted Exchange / Barracuda spam/virus filtering solutions
- Deskside and phone support of Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS X, Office 2010/2011/2013/2016, iPhone, and Apple TV
- Hyper-V or VMWare ESxi technologies
- Disaster recovery
- Inventory management software
- Solidworks PDM Professional vault administration
- Squarespace website administration
- Security and Firewall experience – mainly with Watchguard technologies
- Familiarity with SQL Server Maintenance Plans and SQL queries
- Certifications desired, but not required:
- Security+ or CISSP
Work at PPI
To apply for an open position, please use this form. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the Subject line.
Equal employment opportunity
Proton Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Proton Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.